Last year I moderated IB (International Baccalaureate) Geography HL Internal Assessments and I have just finished recycling / destroying last years Assessments. As an external modreator these are supposed to be retained until December in case of enquiries on results however this is the first opportunity I have had to drag them out of the back of my garage.
I thought it would be useful to compile a list of titles; one of the most useful aspects of moderating is finding out what other schools are doing. Below is a list of titles; so that they are anonymous I have removed any reference to a named town or geographical feature.
- An investigation into strategies of coastal management at x.
- Does River X follow the Bradshaw model?
- Has the redevelopment of x met its aims?
- Does the environmental quality of an area improve as the pedestrian count increase?
- Investigation into the effectiveness of the management of visitor erosion around X.
- Is x an urban heat island?
- A study of the psammosere development at x.
- Does x fit the cor and frame model?
- An investigation of the environmental quality of four different districts in x.
- Urban decay in x.
- The sphere of influence of x on consumer prices for refreshments.
- To what extent does the TCV (Tourism Centrality Value) of an area affect the number of pedestrians there.
- Does the main tourist attraction in an areas define the distribution of pedestrians in the central part of the city.
- How large is the sphere of influence of X?
- An investigation into the vegetation succession in x.
- Gentrification in x.
- An investigation into beach processes at x.
- Comparison of two beaches at x.
- Land use in x.
In addition to giving teachers ideas for IB Internal Assessment, they may also be useful for students looking for ideas for Extended Essays or Extended Projects.
I may use some of these when planning my fieldwork week in Minehead in July.